Level I: 40 hours
A. Basic Ultrasonic Course
- Basic principles of acoustics
B. Ultrasonic Technique Course
- Straight beam examinations
Level II: 40 hours
Ultrasonic Evaluation Course
- Review of ultrasonic techniques
- Evaluation of base-material product forms
- Evaluation of bonded structures
Phased Array: 80 hours (must have Level II Ultrasonic certification)
- Formulas related to Ultrasonics
- Capabilities and Limitations of Phased Array
- Phased Array Terminology & Description
- Phased Array Equipment : Phased Array Unit, Probes, Calibration/Reference Standards
- Standards related to Phased Array (ASTM)
- Specific Phased Array Applications: Aerospace, Manufacturing, Welding, etc.
- Lab exercises: Unit familiarization, set-up, calibrations, sample scans
Additional topics may be covered as required to suit the applications of the client, or class.
Please be advised that previous certifications (or qualification equivalent) in conventional UT is preferred prior to this class.